It's an odd week, this week of marking "lasts" with Thomas.
And though I could pour out words about ~
* wanting to seize each moment
* perfect each day
* seal us away inside our home and not go through the ordinary of each day
* and a confession that I feel flat
* and I don't want to say goodbye
* but I'm ready for him to go
~ instead of these rambling words, I'll just remember that we walk about like a shadow, and in vain we are in turmoil. Psalm 39:37 I'll remember this, not in despair, or because of despair, but in HOPE. Because it was hope that reminded me this morning that all turmoil is vanity when I can choose Christ. So I choose to keep counting His graces today ~ to lift the flatness ~ to smile on what will be next for all of us ~ to say a proper goodbye ~ and definitely, on a beautiful, crisp, white-winter day, defy the desire to crawl back under the covers and lose out on any of the moments God has in store for me today.
936. The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.
937. He makes me lie down in green pastures.
938. He leads me beside quiet waters.
939. He restores my soul.
940. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
941. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me.
942. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
943. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
944. You anoint my head with oil.
945. My cups runs over.
946. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life.
947. And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23
948. "We walk about like a shadow, and in vain we are in turmoil." Psalm 39:7
949. 'Tis so sweet, to trust in Jesus.