Earlier this month my new friend Jenni nominated me for the Leibster Award. It was such a surprise and I'm so pleased she thought of me when sharing the love!
What is the Liebster Award?
The German word Liebster (pronounced LEEB-ster) means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcoming. The Liebster Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
Rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people you have tagged.
5. No tag backs.
Just for fun? 11 random facts about me, in no particular order:
1. I can tell when covers aren't square on the bed, even if it's just off by an inch. My husband is a patient man.
2. I have dog ears, which means I'm frequently heard saying "would you mind turning it down?" Again, the patient man. This has benefitted me in parenting though! ; )
3. One of my favorite things is scrambling eggs for Wounded Warriors. I really miss cooking with my friends and serving our wounded military transitioning back from down-range for medical care.
4. I've taught flute lessons to college students and "There's a Dinosaur Knocking At My Door" to Kindergartners.
5. I'm really playful, which is cleverly disguised behind all the contemplative words here at Favored One.
6. I haven't finished my degree. We moved to Germany and I studied a semester or two here and there, depending where here was. I studied flute everywhere we lived though. I need a small loan to pay for transcript requests. 5 schools to date. Maybe someday I'll enter a season when it is right to return, not for music performance but for something like counseling. I no longer feel less-than because I don't have a degree.
7. When I stood on the shore of the Sea of Galilee I could actually see Jesus standing knee deep in the water, splashing and laughing with his friends. This image of friendship so full of life is what I try to produce in my own life with others.
8. I can't help myself from touching the hair or the cheek of a child.
9. I'm an extrovert. And I listen deep. A friend told me I was quite unnerving, like I could see right through to his inside.
10. I've called myself a "closet Christian" many times...and always in the company of other Christians, not non-believers. I have many friends who know I love Jesus and want to be part of my life even though they don't follow Him. Odd that I often have more freedom to live out my love for Him in their company than within my own Church family.
11. When it comes to politics I'd rather have a conversation with a European over an American any day. I like that they can disagree on positions, then wrap up the conversation and go have a beer.
And now, Jenni's questions to me:
1. What is your greatest fear? Not pleasing people. I'm recovering from this, but most of my fear-born reactions are from this.
2. Describe yourself in three words. Kind, Engaging, Passionate
3. What is your favorite passage of Scripture (verse or book)? I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
4. Name something that's on your bucket list. Someday my husband and I will spend each day beside children and their families. The career we're waiting to begin upon his AF retirement.
5. Describe what a perfect day would look like to you. A cup of good coffee as the sun rises; family and friends around the table for good food; talking about the things of life that really matter; a quiet walk through fields; laughter. Lots and lots of laughter.
6. What is your favorite color? Mine is a palette, not color. Anything earthy and natural: deep reds, golds, blues...I wear a lot of black and gray with jewel tone accents.
7. Share a brief testimony of how God is working in your life. Start here and move back through the posts! It will save space and redundancy! : )
8. What is your favorite snack? I'm found quite regularly with a small stash of nuts ~ walnuts are my favorite.
9. If you could live anywhere, where would that be? This will always be answered with a place where I'm surrounded with family and friends. After TX, GA, Germany, ND, WY, UT, and VA, I'd say that can be anywhere you look for it.
10. Name five things that make you smile. My husband singing "Chantilly Lace" to me - gets me every time, my children and talking in British accents, human beings and how odd we are, surprises, worshiping God
11. Why do you write? Because it consumes me. And it's my way of reaching out to touch you. Touch your hair and stroke your cheek.
And the award goes to...(in no particular order)
My questions for you are the same:
1. What is your greatest fear?
2. Describe yourself in three words.
3. What is your favorite passage of Scripture?
4. Name something that's on your bucket list.
5. Describe what a perfect day would look like for you.
6. What is your favorite color?
7. Share a brief testimony of how God is working in your life.
8. What is your favorite snack?
9. If you could live anywhere, where would that be?
10. Name five things that make you smile.
11. Why do you write?
I can't wait to learn more about you, Favored One!