Care to take a peek at my "proper nutrition" guides?
Would you like to see my menu options?
I've reserved the seat across from me just for you, and you'll note your glass of wine is already poured.
I'm looking forward to sharing the meal with you.
He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD. Deut. 8:3
|Vitamins and Veggies (or Devotions)|
- Common Prayer: A Liturgy for Ordinary Radicals ~ Shane Claiborne, Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove, Enuma Okoro
- At the Still Point: A Literary Guide to Prayer in Ordinary Time ~ Sarah Arthur
- The Seven Checkpoints: Seven Principles Every Teenager Needs to Know ~ Andy Stanley and Stuart Hall (together with the boys at the beginning of each day)
|Healthy Brunch (or Faith Stories)|
- Reluctant Pilgrim ~ Enuma Okoro
- No Longer a Slumdog: Bringing Hope to Children in Crisis ~ K.P. Yohannan
- Spiritual Torrents ~ Jeanne Guyon
|Meat and Potatoes (or Prayer)|
- Praying with the Psalms ~ Eugene Peterson
- A Diary of Private Prayer ~ John Baillie
- Morning and Evening: Daily Readings ~ C.H. Spurgeon
- The Night Offices: Prayers for the Hours from Sunset to Sunrise ~ Phyllis Tickle
These are the words I eat every day. These are the voices of brothers and sisters who share the banquet table with me ~ laughing, lamenting, leading, and loving as we feast together at the Lord's Table. Some things change, as the seasons of the Church change. Others are staples that are found at each table gathering. And of course, there is always Bread.
|Ah, Coffee and Dessert (or Reading for Pleasure)|
- Traveling with Pomegranates: A Mother-Daughter Story ~ Sue Monk Kidd and Ann Kidd Taylor
- In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin ~ Erik Larson
- The Beautiful Fight: Surrendering to the Transforming Presence of God Every Day of Your Life ~ Gary Thomas
- Sacred Influence: How God Uses Wives to Shape the Souls of Their Husbands ~ Gary Thomas
- Sabbath ~ Dan Allender
- Psalms: The Prayer Book of the Bible ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy ~ Eric Metaxas
- A Patriot's History of the United States: From Columbus's Great Discovery to the War on Terror ~ Larry Schweikart and Michael Allen
|Recipes I would Recommend|
- One Thousand Gifts ~ Ann Voskamp
- When Two Become One: Enhancing Sexual Intimacy in Marriage ~ Christopher and Rachel McCluskey
- Eastertide: Prayers for Lent Through Easter from the Divine Hours ~ Phyllis Tickle
- The Help ~ Kathryn Stockett
- The Hunger Games Trilogy ~ Suzanne Collins
- Her Mother's Hope (and) Her Daughter's Dream ~ Francine Rivers
- Devotions for a Sacred Marriage ~ Gary Thomas
Okay, so every so often I just have to have a creative outlet! Thanks for humoring my food post and I hope some ideas have been helpful! I'd love to hear what you read for sustenance ~ I do have a habit of adding to the book stacks!
Favored One, you are loved.
Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. Rev 3:19,20
It's all about the Feast.