Great God ~ sometimes I come to you in tense desperation, other times in relaxed gratitude, but never in fear. Your mercy is so gracious and your Lordship so blessed that I can only be filled with praise. Amen ... Eugene Peterson, Praying the PsalmsAs the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the LORD our God, until he has mercy upon us.
The sweet cigar-smell came into the room with Father. And of course he did not say the false, idle words.
"Corrie," he began instead, "do you know what hurts so very much? It's love. Love is the strongest force in the world, and when it is blocked that means pain.
"There are two things we can do when this happens. We can kill the love so that it stops hurting. But then of course part of us dies, too. Or, Corrie, we can ask God to open up another route for that love to travel.
"God loves Karel - even more than you do - and if you ask Him, He will give you His love for this man, a love nothing can prevent, nothing destroy. Whenever we cannot love in the old, human way, Corrie, God can give us the perfect way." The Hiding Place, John and Elizabeth Sherrill
...always counting with gratitude...
539. there is no fear in Christ
540. Amazing Grace, from Ben's piano practice session
541. 6:00 AM wake-up conversations with Em
542. clean laundry
543. stories ~ penned, spoken, sung ~ to touch the sealed-up places inside and open us to greater life
544. freedom to disciple my children through homeschooling
545. a changed perspective on success vs failure
546. a "quiver full of arrows"
547. travel plans, for Thanksgiving back in the States with family...so much family!!
548. a gratitude posture